Tuesday, September 16, 2008

PET MEMORIAL...
Scroll to bottom of page, to see our beloved ones that are at the Bridge, more than 75 photos here, in 4 slide shows. I pray the words here will help soothe your soul, as you read poems, tributes, & look at loyal loved ones... have a hanky ready.

If you have a problem seeing the photos, you may need to try another browser.

Please enter yourself on side bar, under "Loved Ones, & Visitors", TY.

If you are in need of grief counseling, please enter 'pet grief sites' on your search bar & check out the ones on the net.
Losing a pet can be traumatic, as they are family members, & sometimes we need help to get through it. {{}}
If you want to talk re your loss, or need prayer, please email me. I'm a pet lover, I've been through it myself. Being someone who believes there's a Rainbow Bridge, I'll lend an ear, a shoulder, offer strength & comfort, & will help you in anyway I can. God bless.



In Honor & Remembrance of Our Beloved Pets That Have Gone AheadTo The Rainbow Bridge.
W E L C O M E 
To The Colors Of The
RAINBOW...



GOD SPEED...to ALL of our precious pets on their journeys!
THE LOSS OF A HEART DOG
I stood by your bed last night,
I came to have a peep
I could see that you were crying,
you found it hard to sleep
I whined to you softly as
you brushed away a tear,
"it's me, I haven't left,
I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here"
I was close to you at breakfast,
I watched you pour the tea
You were thinking of the many times,
your hands reached down to me
I was with you at the shops today,
your arms were getting sore
I longed to take your parcels,
I wish you could do more
I was with you at my grave today,
you tend it with such care
I want to reassure you,
that I'm not lying there
I walked with you towards the house,
as you fumbled for your key
I gently put my paw on you,
I smiled and said "it's me"
You look so very tired,
and sank into a chair
I tried so hard to let you know,
that I was standing there
It's possible for me,
to be so near you every day
To say to you with certainty,
"I never went away"
You sat there very quietly,
then smiled, I think you knew
In the stillness of that evening,
I was very close to you
The day is over,
I smile and watch you yawning
And say "goodnight, God bless,
I'll see you in the morning"
And when the time is right for you
to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you
and we'll stand, side by side
I have so many things to show you,
there is so much for you to see
Be patient, live your journey out,
then come home to be with me.



HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR
My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in no pain,
But it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms. Were of his
younger, puppy years, and oh...his many charms.
Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you" gaze,
Only a heart filled with tears...
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
God also loves our canine friends,
HE's installed a 'doggy-door'!

Jan Cooper


I FLY FREE
Please don't mourn for me
As I am at peace & fly free
I know you loved me
For I loved you too
Beautiful memories were made
Please don't let those fade
Someday you'll join me
Until then do not fear

For I Fly Free & high
Yet I stay always near

Here at the Bridge

ssk



YOU MUST HELP ME CROSS...

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.
You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.
We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come...please let me go.
Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me, if you can, until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waived,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.
Please do not grieve... it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

 I ONLY WANTED YOU
They say memories are golden,
well maybe that is true...
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you,
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill!

If tears could build a stairway,
and heartache make a lane...
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.
unknown

PRAYER OF AN AGING CAT...
And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so,replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.
Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the soft purring angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.
But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.
Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.
unknown
Below is a gift (from Lori & myself), a Memory Badge for your side bar, to honor your companion.
Please take one. You may resize it & add your beloved pets name/date. God bless....
TY to the various Poets, & Graphic Artists, for their talents. No copyright infringement intended.

PLEASE CONTINUE SCROLLING DOWN...



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this journal going to find a new home on Blogger?  It would be a shame for this to disappear.

Phil

Sandra said...

Hi Sugar,

I`m so glad that you managed to keep this journal. I know my own dear Hannah is remembered here and hasn`t been lost by AOl.

Love Sandra xxxx

Amelia said...

I'd love to put my Polly of here. Just tell me what I need to do and thank you for stopping by.

Missy

Amelia said...

May I have one with Polly? I'll link it back to your journal. I'd like the first one please.

Lucy said...

We cry buckets of tears when we have to have a pet put to sleep for whatever reason. It tares your heart out. Thank you Sugar for all the lovely tags you make. I scanned off old photos of our many beloved dogs and had a calendar made for my Husband at snapfish. He loves it.